Disclosure: Mama Smith’s Review Blog received nothing in exchange for this post. She opted to host a giveaway for her readers instead. All opinions expressed are 100% hers.
I love HALO SleepSacks. I know I have talked about them before. My girls lived in them when they were babies (and they even share a big kid one now that they love!) because they were comforting and made them feel safe. Right now, HALO is running a Safe Sleep from the Start Giveaway over on their Facebook page. You can enter to win a HALO SleepSack Swaddle plus the Bassinet Swivel Sleeper. What an amazing set! I wish I had this bassinet when my girls were babies, it looks incredible. Below are some Safe Sleep Tips for baby – and if you scroll all the way down, you have another chance to win a HALO SleepSack Swaddle (or SleepSack)!
Safe Sleep Tips
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snugly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Room share, but don’t bed share. Bed sharing can put a child at risk of suffocation.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface (adult beds, sofas, chairs, water beds, quilts, sheep skins etc.)
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
HALO Innovations is dedicated to putting the health, safety and well-being of babies first. In fact, over 1,400 hospitals use HALO® SleepSack® wearable blankets through the HALO Safer Way to Sleep Initiative. The HALO family of products, including HALO SleepSacks and SleepSack Swaddles, SwaddeSure and the best-selling HALO BassinestTM Swivel Sleeper, help children from newborn to toddler age sleep better and safer.
Enter to win a HALO SleepSack Swaddle of your own using the Gleam form below! CLICK HERE to enter to win the SleepSack + Bassinet directly from HALO. This giveaway is open to US & Canadian residents. Be sure to check out my other giveaways while you are here and GOOD LUCK!