I love this box. I have personally never traveled overseas, but my husband has. He likes these boxes because they bring him back to his time there, and I like them because I feel as if I am transported there. I love trying different foods and learning about different cultures and that is what I get with Try The World! The most recent box I received is the France box and it came with some amazing items. Not to mention the insert that discusses French culture – and even shares a few recipe ideas for some of the items.
I love the Try The World subscription box. My husband got to do a lot of traveling while he was in the United States Navy, but I have never left North America. We are hoping to be able to travel when the girls are a tad older, but that is several years away. Try The World brings foods to you from around the world. Each box is themed and you receive treats as well as other foods. They also include a little booklet that discusses the culture of the place where you are sampling the foods. It is like traveling around the world, without leaving your home!
I am a big fan of subscription boxes because I am usually introduced to products and companies that I normally would never know about. Well that is true and then some when it comes to Try The World. This is one of my favorite boxes because each one is themed to an area around the world. I wish I had the time and money to travel, but I just don’t. At least not right now. With Try The World, I can feel like I am in that country and sampling their foods. I have received a box from them before and loved it (Read about the Venice box here). The Buenos Aires Box was just as good – maybe a little better – they are close.
I have always wanted to travel to Europe. My husband got to see many places around the world when he was in the Navy and he keeps telling me he will take me one day. One of the places he always raves about is Venice – so imagine my surprise when I opened up my Try The World box and saw it was Venice themed! I was thrilled – and so was he!
The Try The World Venice Box was filled with delicious goodies! I immediately noticed a big tin of Mogi coffee. I love coffee – I mean, come on, I am a stay at home mom of two hyper little girls, how else would I function? I opened this up and smelled it right away. Heaven is about the only way to describe it. The flavor of this coffee was great too – my husband and I both enjoyed it.
The next thing I noticed in my box was the Pastificio Dei Campi pasta. We love pasta in our house. In fact, Olive Garden is probably our favorite restaurant and I always get pasta meals. This pasta is handmade and to die for. I like my pasta al dente and this package was fantastic. We cooked it with the Urbani Tartufi red pesto and truffles sauce that was also included in the box. What a great meal!
After a delicious dinner it was time for dessert. Lucky for us that was included in the box as well! There were little lemon candies called Leone which my young daughters have fallen in love with. They ate them up very quickly and I only got to have two! The Venice Try The World Box also included a large chocolate bar, Perugina. That was yummy! It has a hint of hazelnut and I could have eaten the whole thing by myself, but was nice and shared with my husband. The last bit of dessert included in the Venice Box was two Venchi nougat chocolate sticks. I had one and my husband had the other. We both loved the flavors – and it went great with our Mogi coffee!
The Venice Try The World Box also contained something that was not on the card – a mystery treat! It was some amazing Melata di Bosco honey! We love honey in our house. I enjoy it on bread and even in my tea as a natural sweetener. I think this subscription box is really unique and fun. A lot of us will not be able to travel everywhere in the world in our lifetime – OK, most of us will not be able to – and Try The World is a fun way that we can still sample foods from those places.
If you buy a subscription to Try The World here, you will receive a Venice Box plus a FREE Paris Box as a bonus box!
**COUPON CODE ALERT**
Would you like a 30% discount code for Try The World? Well you can get it off your first box using the code MAMASMITHTRAVELS. Please note that this code only applies to subscriptions and not to gifts.
Women and Their Pretties and Mama Smith’s Reviews has teamed up again for another Two Blogs Fun Guide. Love is in the air and we are here to help you spread the love with some of the very best gifts that were tested and approved by us. Whether you celebrate this holiday or not, you can shop from this list to romance your hubby or wifey. Maybe you are buying for a friend, kids, or a family? That’s fine too! We have a great list of products that everyone will love! Thanks for reading the 2015 Valentines Day Gift Guide.
- Handmade Beauty Box Reviews – A monthly subscription box kit that includes ingredients, instructions, and all the supplies necessary to craft different beauty projects.
- Scent Trunk Reviews – A monthly subscription box that includes 3 fragrances selected just for you.
- Animal Trackers Club Reviews – A subscription box centered around a different animal each month.
- Austin Lloyd Reviews – A monthly or bi-monthly subscription box tailored to your child’s developmental stage. Ages 0 – 3.
- IBBeautiful Box Reviews – A monthly teen girl subscription box.
- Cooper Kit Reviews – A quarterly subscription box for dads and their kids.
- DoodleBug Busy Bag Reviews – A monthly subscription that includes 4-8 themed crafts for ages 3 – 8.
- Imaginative University Reviews – A monthly subscription box FULL of crafts – and sometimes a book.
- Surprise Ride Reviews – A monthly subscription box with themed hands on projects for you and your children.
- Heck That’s Hot – A monthly subscription box filled with spicy foods – from mild to ghost pepper hot.
- Skoshbox Reviews – A monthly Japanese snack subscription box. Save $2 on subscription box purchases using the code MAMASMITHSAN
- Love With Food Reviews – A monthly subscription with Gluten Free, non-GMO, all natural, great tasting snacks. (Charitable Donation with Purchase)
- Nibblr Reviews – A subscription box of pre-portioned healthy snacks.
- Try The World Reviews – A bi-monthly location themed gourmet snack box. Use the code MAMASMITHTRAVELS for 30% off.
- Vegan Cuts Box Reviews – A monthly subscription box with 7-10+ vegan snack items.
- My Retro Game Box Reviews – A monthly retro gamer subscription box.
- Geek Fuel Reviews – A monthly geek subscription box – each month includes a T-Shirt.
- TeeBlox Reviews – A monthly T-Shirt subscription box. A new officially licensed geek/gamer T-Shirt each month.
- Horror Block Reviews – A monthly horror pop culture subscription box.
- Loot Crate Reviews – A monthly geek and gamer subscription box.
- Nerd Block Jr Reviews – A monthly nerd subscription box for young boys or girls. There is also a Classic Nerd Block available for adults.
- Bulu Box Reviews – A monthly subscription box for the health conscious person.
- Conscious Box Reviews – A monthly subscription box filled with hand selected food, bath, beauty, and home products that are good for you.
- Resilience Box Reviews – A monthly subscription box with each month themed to disease awareness.
- Urthbox Reviews – A monthly subscription box packed with healthy snacks.
- BerryCart Reviews – A monthly with 9-10 organic, non-GMO, and all-around healthy products. Minimum 4 full size products per box.
- Paws & Play Reviews – A monthly subscription box for pets.
- PetBox Reviews – A monthly subscription box for pets. Use code MamaSmith for 10% off.
- Pet Gift Box Reviews – A monthly subscription box for pets. Use code Mamasmith for a FREE box – just pay $4.99 shipping and handling.
- Treat A Dog Reviews – A monthly subscription box for dogs.
- Woof Crate Reviews – A monthly subscription box for dogs. Use code Smith10 for 10% off.
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathmatics)
- Green Kids Crafts Review – A monthly STEM crafts subscription box for kids.
- Learn Garden Reviews – A monthly STEM crafts subscription box for kids.
- Mystery Chocolate Box Reviews – A monthly subscription box with unlabeled chocolates. Guess their flavors online.
- Orange Glad Reviews – A monthly gourmet snack box.
- CAUSEBOX Reviews – A quarterly socially conscious box that gives back in many ways.
- Rocks Box Reviews – A pay-as-you-keep jewelry subscription service.
- Surviving Momhood Reviews – A monthly subscription box with items to help mom survive life – plus at least one item for your child(ren).
- Surviving Kidhood Reviews – A monthly subscription box with items to help kids survive life.
- Wet Shave Club Review – A monthly subscription box for men that delivers wet shaving goods to you.